Our privacy policies may vary between the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
Information we collect
We may obtain personal information about our consumers (such as name, contact details and payment information) in conjunction with various activities, such as (i) using the W Express sites, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and collection cargo, (iii) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (iv) the events in which we participate, and (v) promotions and other offers.
The types of personal information we may obtain include, but are not limited to:
• Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, tax id, e-mail address and telephone or fax number);
• Transport information (such as (1) transport related to contact details such as that of the sender and recipient’s name, physical address, tax id, email address and telephone number, (ii) signature of delivery receipt, (iii) the W Express account number, and (iv) information provided to help us access the locations for which we provide services) and information provided regarding the content of certain transfers, but only to the extent that an identifiable person can be linked to that content;
• Information that allows us to verify your identity;
• Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of other people to whom we are invited, raised and / or obliged to send information;
• Username and password to access W Express products and online services;
• Social media;
• Payment information (including details of payment cards or online payment, number of services and billing address) and financial information (such as bank account number);
• Tax identification number in circumstances where you request products or services for which this information is required, or in respect of certain promotions or raffle;
• Other personal information provided to us to obtain a W Express product or service.
When we collect or deliver a shipment or provide other services, we may obtain data about the physical location. This includes, for example, data identifying the actual location of a physical address using information such as GPS data, geocodes, latitude and longitude information, and images of the various locations.
In addition, when you visit our websites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this way includes the IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, reference URLs, information about the measures taken on our website, and the dates and times of visits to the website. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or device connected to the Internet to identify the visitor’s browser or to store browser information or settings. The “web beacon”, also known as the Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, are web pages linked to web servers and their cookies and can be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we can obtain “click flow data”, which is a record of the content that a visitor clicks on while browsing a website. With the clicks of visitors through the website, a record of the action can be collected and stored. We may link the elements to certain data that we collect through automated means, such as information from your browser, with other information that we have obtained about you so that we can know, for example, if you have opened an email we sent to you. We may also use third-party Google Analytics, which are tools that collect information about visitor traffic to our sites. Your browser can tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of our sites.
How we use the information we collect
We can use the information we collect to:
• collect, supply and control shipments;
• Provide requested products and services (such as logistics, customs clearance, and financial services);
• Process and receive payments;
• Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
• Establish and manage your W Express account;
• Offer you products and services that we believe may be of your interest;
• Communicate about and manage your participation in special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
• Allow you to post to our blogs and interact with W Express through social media;
• Send information to your contacts, if you ask us how to do it;
• Process complaints we receive, due to our services;
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising, analyzing and improving our products, services and websites, and carrying out accounting, audit, reconciliation collection, and collection of activities);
• Conduct data analysis (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
• Protect, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activities, complaints and other crimes;
• Comply with the legal requirements applicable to our policies.
In addition, we may use information obtained online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) personalizing visits to our sites, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users and their interests, to facilitate and improve the way our users navigate through the sites, and (iii) management of our business. We can supplement the data we collect through automated means, with information about your location (such as your postal code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you.
We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our sites, identify users of our sites, and obtain demographic information about our users. We may use clickstream data to determine how much users spend on the web pages of our sites, how users browse the sites, and how we can adapt our sites to better meet the needs of our users.
We may also use the information we obtain in other ways so that we can provide you with a specific notice at the time of collection.
You can see some ads on other sites because we participate in ad networks. Ad networks allow us to target our messages to users through demographic means, based on collective and individual interests. These networks track their online activities over time, obtaining information through automatic means, for example using cookies, web server logs and web beacons. Networks use this information to show ads that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information that our ad networks may collect includes information about your visits to sites that participate in the relative advertising networks, such as the pages or ads you view and the actions you take on the sites. This data collection takes place both on our websites and on third party websites that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us to track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn how to choose this interest-based advertising network, click here. (Http://www.aboutads.info/choices/)
Information we share
We may also disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities or (iii) when we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical damage or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer the information we have about you in the event of a sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets (including the case of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
Access and Correction
Links to other sites
Our sites may contain links to other sites, for your convenience and information. These sites can be operated by companies not affiliated with W Express. Linked sites may have their own privacy policies or notices, so we recommend that you review whether you can visit any linked sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites that are not affiliated with W Express, any use of those sites, or the privacy practices of those sites.
How we protect personal information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information provided to us from accidental, illegal or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Although we take steps to limit access to our facilities and vehicles to authorized persons, the information on the outside of the package or letter may be visible to others.
How to Talk to Us
Phone: +1 786-633-3006
10850 NW 21st St
Miami, FL 33172